Wednesday 2 November 2016

SUSD0003 Term project report reflection

When I had the presentation I only had my research and preparation. I did not actually have any part of the report written down.
In the end I used mostly what I have learned from High Performance Studio and various lectures, for this course and others such as the Utzon series, to make up the majority of the content. That is because those kind of knowledge are much more practical and easy to understand. I do not really need statistics and numbers as this report is not trying to convince anyone to act; instead it is intended to guide them how to.
Using my studio project, which is also a high performance office, as a worked example in parallel with the guide itself helped me to focus and to realise certain angles that I might not have considered before.

The downsides I have includes fields that I have not considered much such as office layout and community participation. If I have more time or another chance those would be interesting to research and might matter a lot in the design and operation of a sustainable building. My guide was also too much from an architectural point of view. I did not go into any detail at all with systems that do not connect much with the actually form of the building such as the water recycling system or co/tri-gen. I learned from my joint Architect-Engineer-Sustainable Developer studio last semester than I am not qualified whatsoever to make any detail about those things... but still I could perhaps dig up some more interesting ways to use them.

All in all, interesting project. I have learned much about sustainability in office design. And this was a chance to apply the lessons I took in from my time in uni.

No comments:

Post a Comment